Environmental Role Model
A winner has yet to be picked
McDonald’s already recognise their responsibility to protect and preserve the environment for future generations. Now they want to go one-step further, and they need your help. How can McDonald’s become an environmental role model?
McDonalds are a huge multi-national chain of restaurants. As well as actions they take themselves, they can also influence their own supply chain; in other words the companies who they buy from.
McDonald's want to become an environmental role model; for other restaurant's, organisations and household's.
They are already having a positive impact on the environment by addressing vital issues such as waste, littering, energy.
Check out some of the facts below:
- Recyclable cardboard is about 25% of a typical McDonald's restaurant's total waste.
- Packaging for hot foods such as Hamburgers is made from 72% recycled paper.
- McDonald's is one of the country's biggest sponsors of council litterbins.
You can find more information about how McDonald's are already having a positive impact on the environment: here
How do you think McDonald's could become an environmental role model? We want your ideas! What can they do differently to add to their contributions for the environment?
Think about the following questions:
- If you could change just one thing in a McDonald's restaurant to make a positive environmental impact, what would it be and why?
- What would you like to see McDoanld's do environmentally, that you feel they are currently missing?
- How/what scheme could they implement to increase their environmental impact?
- How could they positively affect how other companies, restaurants or families approach environmental issues?
- What is the best way McDonalds could become an environmental influencer at a national level?
Apprentice Style Experience at McDonald's™ HQ
Win a day at McDonald's HQ! You will have the opportunity to develop and pitch your idea to McDonald's top management in London. A great boost for your CV.
The finalists will have a tour around the HQ, visit the McDonald's university and the 'development kitchen' where new recipes and meals are tested!
How to Enter
Once you have decided on your idea, you can choose to submit your entry in the following formats:
- Word Document
- Powerpoint Presentation
- If you have completed your entry on paper, please scan your submission and upload as a JPEG.
- You can upload your submission as a video/audio file, or include a link in a word document to a video you have uploaded to YouTube.
If you need any help uploading your submission or have any questions, get in touch and we'll be glad to help
(All submissions are reviewed by our team, please ensure yours is completed in full as any empty or false submissions will be removed and any points awarded deducted from your points total)